GWR™ Teams of Two Record – 10 Step Heel to Toe Relay
The record attempt has now closed but please continue reading to hear how DSAuk members got on and see what they had to do in the challenge.
There are two different records for you to attempt in teams of two people. One is a physical challenge and the other is a skills challenge. They are:
- Fastest time to complete a 10 step heel to toe relay (physical challenge)
- Most coin tosses into a cup in 30 seconds (skills challenge). Click HERE for the Coin Tosses into a Cup record page.
This page is for the FASTEST TIME TO COMPLETE A 10 STEP HEEL TO TOE RELAY record.
After a great weekend of attempts, this is what the leaderboard looked like, with the team of Josh Coomer and Jacob Deedman going through to the Champions Arena show for the official record attempt.
You can watch the full Champions Arena show HERE
And here’s what everyone had to do to earn a place on the leaderboard.
PLEASE READ THESE RULES BELOW for the Teams of Two, 10-step Heel to Toe Video Relay Challenge
For the purposes of this record, ‘heel to toe’ walking is performed by placing one foot directly in-front of the other foot making sure that the heel of the front foot touches the toes of the back foot each time and all of the sole of the foot is on the ground.
- Starting position for both team members is standing with feet shoulder width apart.
- Move the first foot so that its heel makes contact with the toes of the back foot and all of the sole is on the ground.
- The back foot is then moved in front of the other foot so its heel touches the toes of the other foot and all of its sole is on the ground
- Repeat the steps, making sure the heel touches the toes each time until 10 steps are done.
- This record is for a team of 2 to meet via a video call – Zoom/Teams/Skype/etc
- The attempt must be made barefoot.
- The attempt must start with both participants standing with both of their feet shoulder-width apart.
- At a given start signal, team member 1 must walk heel to toe until 10 steps have been made. Once they complete the 10 steps, they must indicate to team member 2 to do the same.
- The attempt ends once team member 2 completes their final step.
- The feet must be moved so that the heel of the progressing foot touches the toe of the rear foot. If the participant does not keep their heels and toes touching each other with every step, then the attempt is void.
- The entire surface of the sole must land on the ground before the next step can be made.
The attempt must be filmed from such an angle that it is clear all steps have been made in accordance with the guidelines.
Leader Board – Gallery of Submissions
See the other GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Challenges for Individuals, Teams of 2, Teams of 2 and the Tennis Ball Video Chain by clicking on the Orange coloured titles below:
Individual Challenge for the Fastest time to Fold and Throw 3 Paper Planes
Individual Challenge for the Most Star Jumps in 30 seconds
Team of 2 Challenge for the Most Coin Tosses into a Cup in 30 seconds
Team of 4 Challenge for the Fastest Time to complete a 16 Jumping Jack Video Relay
Tennis Ball Video Chain Challenge for the Longest Video Chain to Catch and Pass a Tennis Ball